We run an equal number of scheduled and custom programs. What’s the Difference?
Scheduled programs are trips or courses with set dates, set group sizes, and a fixed cost. Custom programs are trips or courses arranged on a custom basis with a private group or individual.
Both scheduled and custom programs have advantages and disadvantages. In general, scheduled programs tend to work well for small groups of 1-2 people who are interested in keeping costs reasonable, and meeting new people.
Custom programs are great for groups or individuals looking for a trip tailored to their goals, abilities, pace, or schedule needs. For groups of 3 or more, these programs can often be more economical than scheduled programs. In addition, custom programs offer the opportunity to go places that aren’t otherwise offered.
Custom rates, including a day and multi-day rates are available here: Custom Rates
Areas we guide on a custom basis:
• Olympic National Park
• Mt Baker
• North Cascades National Park
• Canada National Parks (Glacier, Revelstoke, Banff, and Yoho)
Setting up a Custom Program
• Number of people
• Program, program type, location, mountain, or route (this can be general or specific)
• Length, general timeframe (ex: 3 days, mid-June)
• Any other information that you feel is relevant